We are pleased to announce the commencement of Round 7 of the Stronger Communities Programme for 2021-22.
The Stronger Communities Programme will provide up to $150,000 to each federal electorate to fund a maximum of 20 eligible small capital projects that encourage and support participation in local projects, improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities. Round 7 of the programme will continue to support Australia’s economic and social recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Grant funding will be up to 100% of eligible projects costs except for local governing bodies, where funding will be up to 50% of eligible project costs.
To be eligible, you must have an ABN and be one of the following incorporated entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust with responsibility for a community asset or property
- a local governing body as defined by the Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act 1995; OR
- a government entity that is a fire service, rural fire service, country fire authority, state emergency service or similar
Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- fit-out of community spaces and centres
- construction and fit-out of community spaces
- upgrading facilities to provide inclusive access
- purchasing operating equipment such as computers, TVs, furniture, and fittings
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, BBQ facilities, seating, new turf, fit-out of change rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks
- purchasing of solar panels
- purchasing equipment for local SES
- purchasing first aid equipment
- development or upgrade of bike paths, streetscapes, skate parks or community gardens
For the full list of eligible projects and further information please visit here
Projects funded under round 7 of the Programme will need to be completed by the 31 December 2022.
How To Apply:
All applicants must read the eligibility criteria before submitting an expression of interest to ensure your organisation and project is eligible. Please click linked here
to access the eligibility criteria. Applicants must then submit an expression of interest (EOI) form by the 29 November 2021. If your EOI is approved you will then be invited to complete a detailed formal application through an online portal which will be processed by the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (the Department).
Funding Amount: $2,500 – $20,000
EOI Open Date: 20 October 2021
EOI Close Date: 29 November 2021
Expression of Interest Form: